Monday, November 07, 2005

China's Loch Ness

I was doing my usual web surfing and ran across an article about Lake Kanasi in China. More specifically, the article is about 'Kanasi Huguai'; China's Loch Ness Monster.

Purportedly, the lake is home to a large or a number of large creatures. Many tourists visit it each year in search of the creatures and there are some descriptions of sightings in the article.

"It's fish. Giant fish, some about 15 meters (50 feet) long." Says Yuan Guoying, a researcher at the Xinjiang Institute of Environmental Protection. Yuan has been studying the lake and the supposed creatures since a sighting 20 years ago.

Yuan and his team have concluded that the lake contains at least dozens of these fish, a type of large Salmon, and are about 30-50ft long and weigh as much as 4 tons.

This is the first time I have heard of 30-50ft fresh-water fish. If this conclusion is proven to be true, that would be a huge discovery. No pun intended.

I am going to do some more research on this lake and see what I can find out. The article mentions pictures of the creatures as well. I hope to find some more info on this and if I do, you can be sure I will post it on this blog.

Stay tuned!

Comments on "China's Loch Ness"

 

post a comment